Sunday 1 January 2012

M.A.C. Review #5 Matte Lipstick & Daphne Guinness Collection

M.A.C. Lipstick in Pink Plaid, £13.50 for 3g

I was browing the M.A.C. website for the perfect matte pink lipstick, my Illamasqua one (here) is gorgeous but more neon than I was expecting, and I will continue my search until I find the perfect pink. Don't you worry now, you'll all be informed when I do.

Left; With Flash. Right; Without
Pink Plaid is a stunning colour, it's pretty rose pink, Pink Plaid leans toward blue undertones, and it appealed to me because it was subtle yet noticeable, and a shade that I can see me wearing for a long time- something to suit all ages.

This is certainly a versatile colour, one that will look gorgeous no matter what the season! It's pink so will work gorgeously in spring/summer but because of it's dusky blue tones it can be worn in the colder months too. On the lip it is quite bright, I've had a few compliments when I've worn it. It seems to stand out most with a smokey eye that incorporate greys and black hues, it can look 'too much' when worn with pinky pink blusher, or with warm toned browns on the eye.
The matte formula glides on smoothly, and of course lasts a good amount of time!

Overall I am really happy with this lipstick, it's not the most exciting of shades but one that will always be used and always be useable.  

Do you own Pink Plaid? Will you be buying this?

Also, what do you think of the Daphne Guinness for MAC collection? At first I thought it was a strange collaboration because she was the face for the NARS Autumn campaign a couple of years ago, but I like it, it makes a sophisticated change to that hideous Glitter and Ice collection anyway! Has anyone bought from this yet?






I adore the cool toned, well thought out colour palette. I'm confident it's a very wearable collection, but also have suspicions that the colours may only appeal to the makeup addicts amongst us!
The collection is already famed for having several 'inspiration' points, pigeon blood, butterflies, Titian paintings and outer space to name a few.  She is quite a character, isn't she!
I think I'll be treating myself to the lilac lipstick, one of the blushers (undecided yet!) and I'm actually completely tempted to buy one of the lipglasses, despite their poor reputation.


Images courtesy maccosmetics.co.uk
The collection has been available since Boxing Day and will be discontinued in the first week of February.



7 comments:

  1. The shade is gorgeous! I generally find I can only really wear fuschia colours as other pinks don't suit me :(

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's nice! It looks a tad darker than Angel. Gonna check that out next time at Mac! By the way, I looove your lips! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. emily your blog's looking beautiful! hapy new year, lovely post as always :) pink lips suit you so well, i wish i could wear it x

    ReplyDelete
  4. that colour is gorgeous; suits you so much! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. you always pick the pretties lipsticks!

    happy new year!!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I just bought Pink Plaid, love it :) I found the Daphne Guinness stuff a bit bluhhhh :( Can't wait for the naturally collection! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want a nice pink lipstick, maybe something a bit cerise? It has to be a strong pigment so I get good coverage (think Chanel Rouge Allure Laque). Suggestions?x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from people and will always try my best to reply. Recently I've been getting lots of 'follow me and I'll follow you back' comments, these aren't welcome, and no, I won't follow you if you continue to spam me!!