Thursday 5 January 2012

Dainty Doll (Nicola Roberts Girls Aloud) Review #1

Dainty Doll Powder Blusher in 001 Hippy Shake, £13.50 for 7g.


I have been curious about this collection for a while, being a pale gal myself seeing a collection released exclusively to cater for us really interested me and made me think 'about time!'. If I'm honest, the celebrity endorsement part put me off a little, as they often have little to no involvement and it all seems a bit unnecessary to me.
Hello Nicola!
Telegraph website
After a slight mouth- drop when I saw that 1) the palest shade of foundation was actually too pale for me, (I'm always the palest!) and then 2) the foundation is £22 I decided to test the waters of the collection with a blusher instead. I normally wouldn't flinch at a £22 price tag on a foundation, but for that I'd expect it to be on a makeup counter, with advice available from trained staff, from a high end brand. This was on a messy stand in Boots, to me that doesn't warrant £22 on a foundation...but we'll see.


There is three shades of blusher powder available in the range. Shade 001 Hippy Shake is a very very pale pink that is lilac toned. It wasn't a colour I'd really seen before and was curious to try it.

 The pigmentation is very good, the colour in the pan is the colour you'll get on the face. I had my suspicions and unfortunately it is too pale to be a blusher on my skin, so I would think this would apply to the majority of people too. However, it acts as a good highlighter, it has a very slight pearl sheen. Below I took some photographs of it on the skin before I added any blusher on top;

Pictured; Dainty Doll 001 is used on my cheekbones, with Benefit's 10 (review here) on top of foudation. Pictures taken on the same day, in different lighting.

Have you tried anything from Dainty Doll? Would you be tempted to?

11 comments:

  1. I would try the foundation, as I have pale skin but like you its the price that puts me off xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the foundation, but i've heard some strange reviews saying it makes your face look glittery? which isn't really the look i'm after! the lipsticks look really nice aswell :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look lovely as a highlighter. I haven't tried any of these products but really should!

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the branding on Dainty Doll powder blush!

    nice blog :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks lovely on you! I really want to try some Dainty Doll products too. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Id love to try out dainty doll :-) looks lovely!

    lindsayfrances.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. £22 for foundation on a makeup stand? Thats crazy! I havent tried anything from Dainty Doll yet but I'm quite pale so might look into it.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. the packaging is really cute, but for the same price i can get mac foundation!

    http://whattheshoe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ive been tempted by this product for a while but was put off because i didnt know how itd look on! i think it's lovely!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. i've been really wanting to try this but the price puts me off too much :( xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Obviously Dainty Doll is not right for my skin tone at all but I'm a little surprised at the price too. It's far, far more expensive than say, a MAC blush! Wow.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from people and will always try my best to reply. Recently I've been getting lots of 'follow me and I'll follow you back' comments, these aren't welcome, and no, I won't follow you if you continue to spam me!!