Friday 20 January 2012

M.A.C. LE Spring 2012 Collection 'Shop Shop Shop, Cook Cook Cook"

M.A.C. Shop Shop Shop, Cook Cook Cook collection for Spring 2012 (Limited Edition)

They're set to release a few collections for spring 2012, including the permanent 'Lightfully' collection which is a skincare range packaged in disco ball -style wrapping. I have a feeling both the packaging and the product will divide people. In terms of taste, for some it will be glittery and fun whereas others may see it as juvenile and tacky (I think I'm currently split somewhere between the two of these). Personally, I wouldn't trust a skincare range from M.A.C. as it has never been part of a permanent line before, however I am looking forward to reading some reviews on it. (View Here)
Of course there's also the Naturally collection (Here), which I am looking forward to but feel there isn't much to discuss...and then to finish the Limited Edition Vera collection of which the Plushglasses and the Metallic Pigments (stacked in four pots) are grabbing my attention. (Here!)

Onto Shop Shop Shop, Cook Cook Cook....
There's a 'Shop' section and a 'Cook' section. To me, 'Shop' is the most attractive in terms of product and colour.


I do love this campaign photo- it reminds me of playing with my Barbies when I was little, candy colours, cutesy vintage style dresses..yet carrying out a pretty mundane task! Why did we put our Barbie's through such excruciating boredom of the food shop, the car wash....or was it only me?!

The colour palette incorporates warm hues in tangerine, fuschia, yellow, red with the odd pop of turquoise, teal and grey.


Of course, I'm instantly drawn to the lipsticks- They're causing a little bubble of excitement in my belly!

Shop;
"Try and Buy a delicious, delovely, delectable, divine, degorgeous, de-with-it, degroovy assortment of Eye Shadow x 4 in wearable brights perfect for Spring. Treat yourself to Lipstick in heavenly hues, mouthwateringly Kissable Lipcolour and Cremeblend Blush. This Spring, shop ‘til you drop with a tongue-in-cheek collection that elevates the everyday into the extraordinary.  Whether it’s detergent or diamonds, produce or Prada, everyone loves to shop, shop, shop!"

Cook;
"Ladle on an extra helping of foodie fun with an appetizing assortment temptingly tasty Tendertones, nearly black Fluidlines, Studio Careblend/Pressed powder, Opulash Mascara, two Brushes and nosh-worthy Nail Lacquers in fun, bright shades sure to satiate even the most discriminating of glamorous gourmands. COOK M·A·C has Spring 2012’s no-carb, no-calorie recipe for kooky, kitschy, kitchen kouture in savoury shades for Eyes, Lips and Nails."

Personally, I'm not overly inspired or excited for the collection, I know that if I purchase anything it'll be a 'Shop' lipstick, two are repromotes and the rest are new additions! I'm torn between Watch Me Simmer, Innocence Beware and and Naughty Saute! I think if the blushers were powder it would have attracted me to them a bit more, because the colours are stunning but I can never really be bothered with cream blushers.


The colours of 'Cook' are nice, bold and bright. The lip balms are a sweet addition, a sheer wash of colour on the lips during springtime is a lovely look. I also like the sound of 'Added Goodness'- a fluidline that is a blackened mauve colour- could be gorgeous, particularly if you hold off and use it later in the year around autumn time, on it's own with berry lips.


The packaging ties in the whole kitsch, vintage style theme that runs throughout the campaign but if I am honest I'm left a bit baffled over the whole collection! Inspiration and analyses beside, there are some brilliant repromotes and new shades that are lovely spring colours, but I am left wondering about how much of this collection I actually want in mine- a sign of a good collection is when you want all of it and I cannot say this is the case for me with either Cook and Shop! I think I am a little bit disappointed, but get back to me on the launch in February and I might have changed my mind!

 

3 comments:

  1. Oooo I really LOVE those lipstick colours! I want one of each please x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh wow so pretty! i know what you mean about barbies.. and dont worry my barbies were constantly packing suitcases and jetting off abroad then unpacking and starting all over again! xo

    www.hidinginwonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This collections looks AMAZING! I absolutely love the ad campaign photographs!

    lindsayfrances.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from people and will always try my best to reply. Recently I've been getting lots of 'follow me and I'll follow you back' comments, these aren't welcome, and no, I won't follow you if you continue to spam me!!