Saturday 14 January 2012

Illamasqua Review #4

Illamasqua Rubber Finish Nail Varnish in Faux Pas, £13.50 for 15ml.

One of four shades available in the Illamasqua rubber finish nail varnishes has made it into my collection. And I love it, NFNV (New Fave Nail Varnish).


These were released in the launch of the Theatre of the Nameless collection which took my breath away in terms of it's inspiration and beauty in the campaign. Faux Pas is described as a Blue Violet, it reminds me of a midnight purple shade and is striking, stunning and sophisticated.

Left; Without Flash. Right; With
The formula is almost gel- like in consistency, it glides on so smoothly and dries in good time to a matte 'rubber' finish. Unfortunately it chips a little bit but not enough to annoy me or put me off...I love it and here you certainly pay for the quality and an exceptionally unique finish.


9 comments:

  1. Wow I love the finish, haven't seen anything similar! The colour is also very pretty :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the finish of this, pretty shade too!
    http://zozeze.blogspot.com/xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rubber/Matte finishes are wasted on me.. I'm always dying to apply a glossy top-coat! haha love the colour, I'm yet to try any Illamasqua lacquers.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks amazing! Like you said, the finish is very unique! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this, I love it so much! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colour and the finish, I think I saw a similar colour from h&m surprisingly. Doubt the finish will be anything like illamasqua though :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's such a pretty shade! :)

    http://katiaswonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a very gorgeous purple shade! I am so curious about how the rubbery finish feels! I've never had one of their polishes before, so I haven't experienced that! Great pics & review hon! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. The rubbery finish is so odd but i love it!


    Ive awarded you the kreativ blogger award so see my blog post for the details :) x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from people and will always try my best to reply. Recently I've been getting lots of 'follow me and I'll follow you back' comments, these aren't welcome, and no, I won't follow you if you continue to spam me!!