Tuesday 24 January 2012

A Laura Mercier Look....#EOTD

Laura Mercier Limited Edition (Holiday Collection 2011) Luxe Eye Portfolio.


Now, I'm not normally one for palettes of any kind. They remind me of the makeup sets you'd get when you're a young teen, full of colours you'll never wear and bad quality pearl finish lipsticks. However I saw this Laura Mercier Luxe Eye Palette in the christmas collection on the website I couldn't resist popping it on the old list. Luckily, my boyfriend bought it for me christmas and I still can't stop opening it up and going 'ooohhh' 'aaahhh'.

This palette reminds me more of an organiser, the snakeskin cover and the flap to secure it don't look like your average palette..


and wait till you look inside.. 


Containing a ponytail brush, a crease brush and a smudge brush these aren't the standard 'throw away as soon as you open' sh*t brushes, these are good quality, sturdy brushes that I'm chuffed to own.


12 gorgeous, wearable eyeshadow shades that include matte, sequin and sateen finishes.


Some are more pigmented than others, sparkling night, black coffee and fig are my favourites, they do not disappoint. Mica is a good dupe for M.A.C.'s Forgery, but I find there's more fall out. All in all, an excellent palette..I may be changing my ways!

EOTD; Simple day look.


Benefit Stay Don't Stray eyelid primer
Laura Mercier Morning Dew
Laura Mercier Royal Gold
Laura Mercier Fig
Laura Mercier Black Coffee (used as subtle eye liner on upper lid and beneath water line)
Yves Saint Laurent Dessin Du Regard Waterproof Black Eye Pencil
Benefit They're Real Mascara


 

5 comments:

  1. Now you've got ME saying "oooh, ahhh" looking at this palette! It looks amazing, and you are so lucky to have it! I have never tried Laura Mercier products but hear they are amazing! Great job on the eye look. It looks gorgeous on you!
    <3 Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A year ago I thought that eyeshadow palettes were too "American" for my liking, but now I'm appreciating them more and more! The thing that you have an array of colours in one place, it can save a lot of time from rummaging through makeups bag to find-that-particular-eyeshadow, just brilliant! Enjoy your lovely purchase, hun ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been looking at this palette forever! This convinced me! I love your blog btw, came across it earlier. I am now following :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this palette! :)

    http://katiaswonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh huge love for Laura Mercier! That palette looks like a good one - a real nice variety of colours there.
    Thanks for the tip about Skin Base - I've mixed it with Armani Luminous Silk today and it worked a treat! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from people and will always try my best to reply. Recently I've been getting lots of 'follow me and I'll follow you back' comments, these aren't welcome, and no, I won't follow you if you continue to spam me!!