Friday 18 May 2012

MAC Strobe Cream- My thoughts..

MAC Strobe Cream, £12 for 30ml.


I'm always on a quest for perfect looking skin, and I believe that a dewy glow is part of achieving this. I've been trying out MAC Strobe Cream for a few weeks now and thought I would share my honest thoughts.

I don't find this product to be miles different to the L'Oreal Lumi Magique primer base that I reviewed here except in it's consistency and skincare benefits. The L'Oreal primer is a pearlised liquid whereas Strobe Cream has the consistency of a moisturiser and contains botanical ingredients, vitamins and green tea, all of which are known to benefit skins condition. MAC claim that it 'de-snoozes, de-stresses, moistens, freshens and boosts the look of dull, flat or tired-looking skin.' I do find it to be better quality than Lumi Magique, which on a couple of occassions seperated slightly on my cheeks, a problem which hasn't occured since using Strobe Cream.

Left; Strobe Cream. Right; L'Oreal Lumi Magique
I really favour it mixed with Estee Lauder's DoubleWear foundation because it made it lighter to apply with a fresher, more glowing finish. If I am honest, if I apply it as I would a moisturiser or a primer and use it underneath makeup, I don't notice a huge difference to the appearanc of my skin. This aside, I have been trying it as a replacement to my morning moisturiser as I feel if I used both together this would be product overload on my skin. It seems to really be doing my skin some good as I've not encountered any skin breakouts as a result of using this product.
It's very blendable and is also lovely patted on top of cheekbones to add an extra luminessence or dabbed down the centre of the nose. I also imagine this would look lovely used on the body for an occassion where photography is involved.

I bought this in the 30ml size as I thought it would be better to trial this before getting the 50ml size. I will continue to use this and unless I find a wonder product in the meantime, I'm quite certain I'll repurchase. I think it is good value for money (especially if we compare it to Lumi Magique) at only £12 for 30ml it's not a huge loss if this product turns out not to be for you!

Do you use Strobe Cream? What do you think of it? What products do you use to achieve healthy looking skin?

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, it looks lovely! And it really does seem quite cheap for MAC. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have never heard of this, but i might have to check it out...i too am on the quest for perfect skin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of mixing it with Double Wear. Does it contain parabens? I've had a quick google but cant find the ingredients.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. New Follower!
    I actually really want Strobe Cream in my kit but it seems a little pricey so i might just settle for the L'oreal Lumi Primer first :P x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from people and will always try my best to reply. Recently I've been getting lots of 'follow me and I'll follow you back' comments, these aren't welcome, and no, I won't follow you if you continue to spam me!!