Wednesday 28 November 2012

Midweek Post: Buy of the week!

Nails Inc Duo, £12 for 2x 8ml bottles. 


I just thought I'd show you what a bargainous deal is in Boots at the moment. For only 12 British Pounds you can get yourself an 8ml bottle of the A&E Basecoat and an 8ml bottle of the Albert Bridge Topcoat. They're not quite full sized, but full sized bottles retail at £11 so to have these two for just a pound more is a worthy spend. 
I love Nails Inc polishes and was a bit sad when my base coat ran out last month, then in the same week I lost my Sally Hansen MegaShine topcoat after using it in the car, I cannot for the life of me find it anywhere! I swear cars are just a blackhole for me, I lost a flip flop in one once while it was ON my foot and we couldn't find it after emptying out the car- twice!! Since that mishap I've been using a base coat from Collection 2000 but I swear it is making my nails dry, flakey and weaker than usual. I haven't worn the A&E basecoat enough to comment on whether it has helped repair my nails but it is really quickdrying and provides a good base and fills in ridges well. The Albert Bridge topcoat is wonderful. It dries in under two minutes to a super glossy wet look finish that seals the colour well. It still doesn't prolong the wear of those darn Essie polishes though, but does anything??

I don't know if these have been available for a long time as I normally buy my Nails Inc from Debenhams, but I know that if I had known this was available I'd have snapped it up sooner!

While I'm on the subject, what are your favourite base and top coats?

P.S. So sorry I have been absent in terms of blogging recently- I will reply to all your comments, check out your blogs and say hello to all of my amazing new followers very soon. I have been juggling three jobs and driving all around the country and I am knackered. I'm not ignoring you!

4 comments:

  1. I always buy the Kensington Caviar in this duo and even though they're not full size they still last a good amount of time.

    I haven't tried the A&E Top Coat yet. Is it a quick dry one?
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Essie Good to Go topcoat. It's great! You can apply it on wet nails and it won't ruin your manicure, and it dries in like a minute. It's really great! xx

    www.ruelalips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i get nails inc from qvc or tk maxx... i can't get away with their base coats tho. the only base i use is opi nail envy... either in matte or original but matte is the better one for a base. flaking and drying is a problem with hydration so it's probably not the collection 2000 base. i'd say cuticle oil the F out of ur nails and apply hand cream regularly. that should help but it is the time of year where flaking and drying happens :((

    and 3 jobs?! u machine!!! i have hardly the energy for one!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehehehe omg emily you actually cracked me up about the flip flop. i laughed out loud and im sat at work on my own! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from people and will always try my best to reply. Recently I've been getting lots of 'follow me and I'll follow you back' comments, these aren't welcome, and no, I won't follow you if you continue to spam me!!