Friday 2 December 2011

Rimmel Review #2 Kate Lipstick

Rimmel London Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick in 04, £5.49

 I used look up to/take inspiration from Kate Moss back in my teens when I was borderline obsessive with The Libertines, Babyshambles and anything Peter Doherty related. Having never really taken a shine to her TopShop collection, I was quite intrigued when I heard she was releasing a few shades of lipstick for Rimmel. It made sense as she used to be the face of the brand a couple of years ago, -pre Cocaine snapshot. I know they were released ages ago now, but I've been so busy it's hard to keep on top of things!!!
A reasonably priced lipstick, and I am really impressed with the results. I would describe the finish as matte with a natural sheen. A thin 'patted' coat of this lipstick is a deep purple plum, heavier application I would say it's almost black with a purple sheen. The packaging is sleek, matte black with the Rimmel crown on the lid, and 'Kate <3' in a signature style scribble. I really like this packaging!


If I'm honest, this shade is quite daring for me! I like it when I see it on most other girls, but with my pale skin and dark hair I didn't want to look too goffic and wasn't sure there was a place for it in Swansea!! It's beginning to grow on me though, and I think I'll whip it out a few more times. Not going to be a 'go to' shade for me though, but the actual formulation of the lipstick is wonderful, and the other shades that have been released are the shades that every girl should own; excellent neutrals, a true red, bright pink, etc. The shades are supposed to capture Kate's 'timeless look' (Rimmel website) and I agree that they do.

Opinions please peeps?
 I think it is complimented by the lilac Vivo eyeshadow that I reviewed here.

Do you wear plum on your lips? Have you bought any of the Kate lipsticks?

12 comments:

  1. I think it looks gorgeous on you! But the colour is definitely too dark for me, I'm not daring enough.

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the colour, I've been looking for a good plummy lipstick for a while! Looks great on you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the libertines! The lipstick is so nice. I have a plum lipstick but its much more of a reddy purple. This was is a bit different its nice x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great on you, you can definitely pull it off!
    I have this lipstick but its just too daring for me! might give it another go though, its such a nice shade.

    http://zozeze.blogspot.com/xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I picked this up a few weeks ago and haven't got around to wearing it yet, looks gorgeous on you!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the lipsticks in this range, you've defaintely inspired me to try a darker, more daring shade! this one looks gorgeous on you :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's gorgeous on you!!!You look so pretty!!!
    Iloveyourblog,
    I'm following. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it looks gorgeous on you, doll! I would so get a purple lipstick for this Christmas but decided on Russian Red instead, hehe
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lady Liquor Vintage- Hun I don't think I'm daring enough either!!

    Rachel- thankyou! There's lots of plum lipsticks around and this one is quite reasonably priced if you're a bit unsure on the shade!

    Chantelle- your reddy plum sounds very wearable- this one is definietely cool toned.

    Zoe- I'm not sure I can haha!

    Emma- I'd love to see a blog post on it when you do get round to trying it!

    Babyface- that's great! I think everyone should try different colours!! :)

    Audrey- thankyou, thats very kind of you!

    cbsg5861- Hun this is no Russian Red. It was my firt ever MAC lipstick and will always remain my favourite, the perfect red!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, the colour really suits you!

    Victoria - VIPXO - http://www.vipxo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks beautiful! Your eyebrows are lovely too. I've been looking to try this colour for a while. XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've got the red one by her and I love it, it seems a little bluer maybe making it really easy for pale skins to wear, that shade looks lovely on youu xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from people and will always try my best to reply. Recently I've been getting lots of 'follow me and I'll follow you back' comments, these aren't welcome, and no, I won't follow you if you continue to spam me!!