Wednesday 10 October 2012

Midweek Post: Goe Oil

Jao 'Goe Oil', £30 for 85g.


Jao are a company committed to producing 100% natural, multipurpose products. When I saw Goe Oil on a stand in London Liberty's with the words 'oil' 'multipurpose' and 'natural' I knew I had to have it. A quick whiff of it's Tahitian Monoi scent (to me this smells like sweet lemon) and it was sold!

The ingredients:

Goe Oil contains 28 different natural plant oils and butters including Jojoba, Avocado, Chamomile, Rose Hip and Mango butter. It's completely free from any naughties such as parabenns, mineral oils/petroleum and artifical perfumes.
It contains a very high concentration of Jojoba Oil which is likened to human sebum. Sebum naturally protects our skin and hair, so by including a natural equivelant this product actually replaces the oils and sebum that we lose through age and environmental stressors, keeping our skin healthy and plump!

The uses:

Jao describe their product as a 'lifesaver'. Here are some of the uses that they believe Goe Oil is perfect for-  softening cuticles and rough skin such as elbows and feet, hair styling, to soften freshly shaved legs, eye makeup remover (this I am yet to try). chapped skin and to make bald heads shiny (again, not one I can comment on.)

I can't use this every day because the absorbing process is lengthly, I have to allow around 40 minutes for this to soak in to a point where I can then get on with my day without feeling oily or sticky! It's thicker than other oils I have used, it comes out of the tube a solid butter but melts to oil when it is warmed on the skin. Once it has soaked in, my skin feels unbelievably soft and the beneficial effects can be felt days later. I'm currently using this once a week, and topping my skin up with lighter oils inbetween (at the moment I am using The Body Shop Coconut Beautifying Oil)

So far so good?

So far, so completely good. I love the feeling of applying this product to my skin. I love the smell and it's softening, nourishing effects. I'm going to continue using it and I think I'll do an update post in about three months time to let you know how I am finding it and if my skin has improved.

If you're interested in Jao's story you can read about it here. If you wanted to buy Goe Oil but aren't local to Liberty then I have seen this available on Amazon.

Do you use Goe Oil, or would you be tempted to by this? What are your favourite oils?



14 comments:

  1. i think i need this. sounds perfect for the back of my hands in winter xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. It's so good! I used it on my hands today :-) xxx

      Delete
  2. Hi dear…nice blog… ❤
    What do you think to follow each other on bloglovin and GFC too?
    Kiss and have a nice day

    Vendy
    http://simplelifeve.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so strange but sounds so good! I don't think I've ever heard of this brand before.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I think you would love it. I hadn't heard of Jao either but definitely want to try more xxx

      Delete
  4. ems, when were you in london!! you should have DM'd me, would have loved to of met you, and gone on a little guilty beauty spree in liberties!
    this stuff looks gorgeous, you can never treat your skin enough in my opinion :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. It was a flying visit a couple of weeks ago! I'll be in touch next time for sure :) xxx

      Delete
  5. It's so bright! It sounds pretty intense, not sure I could deal with it taking that long to sink in, but it sounds pretty good as a deep moisture product!
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds so good, I love using multipurpose products like this when it starts to get cold :) x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like an interesting product, I'm in love with multi purpose products!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want this! I love the fact that it is not a liquid oil that I can spill, and the smell sounds divine. x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from people and will always try my best to reply. Recently I've been getting lots of 'follow me and I'll follow you back' comments, these aren't welcome, and no, I won't follow you if you continue to spam me!!