Sunday 14 October 2012

Lychee Luxe Lipglass.

 M.A.C. Tinted Lipglass in 'Lychee Luxe', £13.50 for 4.8g.


You may remember that I surprised myself a couple of months ago at how much I liked my first Lipglass from MAC (you can see a review and swatches of Pink Lemonade here.) Well, I soon gave in and ordered another, with the good-enough-to-eat name 'Lychee Luxe'.

For once, the website seemed to describe the shade of this quite aptly as a 'pinky coral with golden shimmer'  -it's a red infused coral which makes it perfect to wear during this transitional season and throughout autumn because it's got more depth and is quite intense. This makes me happy as it's no secret what a coral girl I am, and I'm not ready to give them up yet! The gold shimmer specks are obvious when you're up close but they're not too chunky, the gold creates a warm sheen when the gloss reflects the light.

As with all lipglasses, the consistency is thick and balmy, and it's because of this that people's opinions of them always seem so split. It is also quite gloopy but it's due to these factors that you get impresive pigmentation and a long lasting finish. Whilst these are nice layered on top of lipsticks, these pack enough punch to be worn on their own and unlike the negative effects MAC lipsticks have on my lips (always dry and worse for wear the next day), this isn't the case with the lipglasses, which is another bonus.

I think I'll purchase a couple more of these over time, I've definitely got my eye on Russian Red and Eclectic Edge. (I wish I'd bought True Babe, why are the best colours always Limited Edition?!)


Do you own this shade? Are you a lover or a hater of The Mac Lipglass?


11 comments:

  1. I've wanted to try out Mac Lipglass but the gloopy part scares me away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might be in the minority here but I kinda prefer a thicker/gloopy gloss - they last alot longer on my lips. This colour is lovely and I love the look of Pink Lemonade too. There was another one I had my eye on but can't remember the name now. It had nectar in the name
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to own Lychee Luxe, but didn't get own with the thick sticky texture even tho the colour was lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only ever tried their lippies. I might give this a go but whenever I wear lipgloss my hair somehow manages to get into it...Wah!

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty shade, it really suits you x

    ReplyDelete
  6. ems, this really suits you honey, dont ever give up coral hehe :) I'm the same, wasn't exoecting to like their lipglosses as im for more of a lipstick lady, but (and i cant believe im saying this) i actually prefer them to the lipstick, for the pure fact that they dont dry out my lips. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo that colour is so pretty and looks lovely on you!

    Stories of an English rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like their lipgloss but i prefer smashbox... but it's just lipgloss and hair is like the worlds worst combo! so i tend to stick to lipsticks xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. the lipglass looks stunning!! You suit it very well xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. never tried any lipglasses yet... this colour is stunning!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the color, wonder if this would also look good on me, hmm, time to go to the mall :D

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from people and will always try my best to reply. Recently I've been getting lots of 'follow me and I'll follow you back' comments, these aren't welcome, and no, I won't follow you if you continue to spam me!!