Monday 24 June 2013

Model Makeup #2

This is the second in my series about makeup looks I have done on recent photoshoots. 

Today's model is Abi Green. It was great working on Abi because she is an agency represented model, and had a face that just comes alive with makeup (and the most perfect baby soft, blemish free skin I have ever seen!!)


Instagram: emilylaurenbeth
I was shown the outfit (it was all from Urban Outfitters) and was immediately drawn to the gorgeous neon coral colour of the top. I knew I wanted to reflect how fun and beautiful this colour was in her makeup too. For her lips I mixed two Illamasqua shades together, a bright matte orange called 'Flare' and a bright neon pink 'Immodest'. I used Bobbi Brown Foundation Sticks for her base and contoured with MAC 'Harmony' blush to accentuate her amazing cheekbones and then added a sweep of pink blusher to add some warmth and colour  as contour alone would have looked quite severe.

On her eyes I primed her lids with Urban Decay's matte primer potion, which is so good I have to say. On top I created a blown-out, soft wash of colour using the pink and copper shades from the Paranormal Palette from Illamasqua's latest collection. Using MAC's soft kohl eyeliner in 'Smoulder' I lined her waterline and finished off with lashings of MAC Opulash mascara. Her eyebrows were very fair so I added some definition with MAC 'Omega' eyeshadow. 
The finishing touches...
I painted her nails with the brightest pink I had on me, which was one by Maybelline. I wanted to keep her amazing skin quite fresh and glowing so I didn't add any powder until just before she was photographed, and only to her T-Zone.

The shoot was in preperation for an exhibition which has been on show in Urban Cardiff for a couple of weeks now. It's nice seeing some of my work on the walls, makes me remember why I love doing makeup so much. And I would love to work with Abi again!

Here's a final shot:


Lewis Hughes-Evans photography, Abi Green model.

5 comments:

  1. Aww she looks stunning :) I love this outfit and her makeup is flawless!! What are your favourite make up brands to use? Definitely following your blog and keeping up to date on all the products you use!! Been looking over your posts and I could definitely use your tips and make up choices haha! :)
    If you have a spare moment please check out mine at www.lanouvellenoire.blogspot.co.uk and if you like what you see follow back and keep in touch :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for such a sweet comment Andrea! My favourite brands are probably Illamasqua, MAC, and Bobbi Brown, but always willing to try new things! Thanks for following x

      Delete
  2. wowza her skin is flawless! you've made her look gorgeous! love the urban outfitters skirt too!

    bec X
    honeythumb.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. she looks beautiful, great job! Love the eye look, especially. x

    I Am A Weapon Of Massive Consumption

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from people and will always try my best to reply. Recently I've been getting lots of 'follow me and I'll follow you back' comments, these aren't welcome, and no, I won't follow you if you continue to spam me!!