Friday 24 May 2013

Illamasqua 'Masquara' Review

Illamasqua Masquara in 'Raven', £16.50 for 10ml.




It was going to take something really special to follow in the footsteps of Lancome 'Hypnose Drama'. You can read a review of what I thought of that one here but today I am going to tell you about Illamasqua's mascara- Masquara in shade 'Raven'.

The brush is quite large, rounded, and fibrous. The bristles do a good job of coating each lash but I do think the main factor to discuss here is the formula. Masquara is very wet, even a couple of months down the line it has maintained it's moisture which is surprising. Apparently it has built-in lash conditioner, and while I can't say I have noticed a host of new  lashes growing, I have noticed that they feel a bit more luscious and soft. Due to it's high moisture content, it takes longer than the average mascara to dry but I do believe that the results are worth it, it adds natural, but bold volume (and you have to work quite hard for it to show any signs of clumpiness.) The brush and moist consistency lengthen the lashes and once it has dried it does a good job of keeping my lashes curled throughout the day, which is a problem I have battled with in the past.
The colour is Raven black as the name suggests and is non flaky. Considering this mascara isn't waterproof, I have experienced absolutely no smudging or flakiness since using it and it even seems to suit my sensitive, watery eyes. 

Items like mascara are easy to over look when shopping with a brand like Illamasqua as the colour range will immediately distract from 'core' basics. However I was pleasantly surprised by Masquara as I really wasn't expecting it to be very good. The price has just increased by a pound from when I purchased it which I think is cheeky however it remains fairly affordable and is one I will definitely be buying again.


Thanks for reading,

E.

9 comments:

  1. I really need to try some things from Illamasqua. If you hadn't mentioned the mascara I never would have thought of going to Illamasqua for mascara.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really recommend it Fran. I think you would like it. Their mascara and cream blushers are where it's at xx

      Delete
  2. This is my all time favourite mascara - it wears and layers so well, no matter how much I try others I always come back to this x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it just stays all day with no smudges or flakes! x

      Delete
  3. I'm usually so picky with mascara, but this one looks really really good! Your eyelashes look amazing. When I think illamasqua, I definitely don't think of illamasqua for mascara!

    I'm currently running a M.A.C Giveaway! http://beautybook13.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/mac-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm picky too! Always dubious to try a new one but was surprised at how impressed I am with masquara. Definitely give it a go x

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks gorgeous! I love that it has a built in lash conditioner.
    Just followed your lovely blog via GFC. :)

    Fashionprojectblog.com
    FashionProject x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from people and will always try my best to reply. Recently I've been getting lots of 'follow me and I'll follow you back' comments, these aren't welcome, and no, I won't follow you if you continue to spam me!!