Friday 29 June 2012

Clinique Deep Comfort Hand Cream

Clinique Deep Comfort Hand and Cuticle Cream, £16 for 75ml.



The Deep Comfort range from Clinique has always appealed to me, I think partly because I love the thought of a product giving me 'deep comfort' (!) and partly because the range focuses on really nourishing and moisturising the skin. 
My first purchase from the range is this hand cream. It's thick in consistency and is pastel lemon yellow in colour. I'll start by saying it's probably not the type of hand cream you'd want to carry around in your handbag because it is so thick that it does take longer to absorb into the skin than other hand creams I've used in the past. This one stays by my bed so that I can remember to slap it on before bed time and let it do it's good overnight.
Clinique products are 100% fragrance free, which in a hand cream might be a downer for some, however as I pop it on at night I can overlook this matter!

As the hand cream is so rich, I found that during colder weather the product seemed to actually help protect my hands from further dryness or chapping, then I read on the Clinique website that it 'strengthens skin's moisture barrier against environmental stressors.' It does soften hands beautifully as expected though I noticed no improvement in my cuticle or nail condition. Next on my list is to try the Deep Comfort Body Wash and the Body Butter, but I think I'll wait until Autumn and Winter to get those, when my skin will need them the most!

8 comments:

  1. ooh think this might be going on my wishlist, I'm obsessed with hand cream! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have really dry hands because I'm constantly washing them! so I'm on the look out for a really nourishing hand cream, I'll have to give this a try! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post! i love hand creams so this may go on the list of things i need


    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like clinique Deep Comfort body cream... I didn't know there was a hand cream version too... I need to try, definitely!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like a great winter time cream. I'll definitely check it out around autumn time, and I know my hands will love me for it.
    Thanks for sharing!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. this sounds amazing
    i agree with the whole of the "deep comfort" range thing
    great post
    <3
    Caroline

    www.girlygirlvsworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard good things about this stuff. Persoanlly, I find it to be a be thick for my liking, as I dislike hand creams that feel like they sit on the skin.

    arrceebee.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks scrummy, i wish i could remember to put handcream on before bed like you!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from people and will always try my best to reply. Recently I've been getting lots of 'follow me and I'll follow you back' comments, these aren't welcome, and no, I won't follow you if you continue to spam me!!