Sunday 15 April 2012

Continuing quest for 'Nude' ft. Creme D'Nude.

I've posted here about how I was inspired by National No Makeup Day to create and wear a more toned down, everyday look. Each day I can't help but switch nude colours for brights, being a pale girl I feel that I look more alive when I brighten my face up a bit  ...but due to the encouragement and compliments on my last nude look I thought I'd do another one and let you know how I'm getting on with a new nude lipstick....M.A.C's 'Creme D'Nude'. (Cremesheen, £13.50 for 3g.)

FOTD;
Base;
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
Estee Lauder DoubleWear Foundation in 1C1 Shell (click)
M.A.C Cream Colour Base in 'Pearl' as highlight
Chanel Poudre Universelle in '20 Clair' (click)
Estee Lauder Signature Blusher in 'Peach Nuance'
Eyes;
Benefit Stay Don't Stray eyelid primer
Neutral cream shade from TopShop Smoke and Mirroes eyeshadow palette
M.A.C 'Coppering' eyeshadow in crease
Maybelline gel eyeliner
YSL 'Shocking' mascara
Benefit High Brow
M.A.C. eyeshadow in 'Showstopper' on brows.
Lips;
Rimmel Lasting Finish lipliner in '050 Tiramisu'
M.A.C. 'Creme D'Nude' Cremesheen lipstick
Collection 2000 Lock n' Hold Lipgloss in 'Body Pop'. (click)


Creme D'Nude;

I'm a little 50/50 on this one. It is very unforgiving, particulaly if your lips are even a hint of dry. Lips must be exfoliated, prepped and primed before it, it's not a 'swipe and go' lipstick if you're in a rush to leave, on reflection I'm beginning to think M.A.C 'Hue' would have been a better option.
I have been using it a lot, but on it's own it can look a bit 'foundation on lips' at times which obviously gets a big sarcastic thumbs up from me. However, with a wash of gloss over the top (my favourite combination so far is with Collection 2000 Lock N' Load Lipgloss in Body Pop) it warms it up a bit and adds that shiny gloss finish that I crave on every lip-look at the moment. The colour of Creme D'Nude does hold a teeny hint of peach which does warm the complexion slightly, I don't look completely dead when I'm wearing it! It's perfect if worn with a heavier eye look as it balances out all that makeup. Still miss my brights though......

Do you wear any of these products? Do you think I suit the nude look or shall I stick to my bright lips (AKA comfort blanket!)? 




4 comments:

  1. Warm peachy tones look good on you so I'm all for the nude look! :D

    I don't think I could wear the lipstick. Dry lips D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. great tips!Love your haircolour!

    make up fits to my new post: www.inspiremelie.blogspot.com

    greetings from germany

    xxnat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the lovely words on my blog.
    I love your eye make-up, it really makes your eyes pop.
    Stunning!

    Gems x

    Fashion, Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is beautiful on you - you're absolutely stunning! Been reading lots of your blog and now following :)

    Nic x

    http://www.strawberryblondebeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from people and will always try my best to reply. Recently I've been getting lots of 'follow me and I'll follow you back' comments, these aren't welcome, and no, I won't follow you if you continue to spam me!!