Wednesday 30 January 2013

Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment

Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment, £3.40 for 10ml from Hairtrade.com.




I have never used an oil specifically designed for hair before so I am just a wee bit late to the party. My hairdresser has used Morroccan Oil on me with every visit but I have never taken the plunge so when I had the opportunity to try this Macadamia Oil I jumped at it! They're similar in consistency- a fairly thick oil that doesn't weigh down the hair or make it greasy- which I think is always a concern when dabbling in hair products, especially something oily. It absorbs into wet hair and makes drying time quicker too.

I have been impressed by this. It keeps the ends of my hair feeling soft and nourished rather than frazzled after a blow dry and the ends remain silky soft until I wash my hair next. It doesn't leave behind an icky residue and is so easy to use! It does contain silicone which is my only gripe with this product (thanks to Fran for pointing that out). Similarly to Moroccan oil I feel they are branded and marketed as natural products, and while they do contain natural products, they're not 100% one ingredient. It can be a little misleading but I imagine wouldn't bother most people, hell it doesn't bother me as long as it does the job, I just think something called 'Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment' sounds a little more pure or organic than it probably is.

You can buy it for only £3.40 for a 10ml sample, a size like that is an excellent way to try out hair oils without spending around the £30 mark for something I wasn't sure I would really like or take to using. P.S. don't assume that this is only for over processed, frazzled or heat damaged hair. Hair oil is suitable for all hair types (including oily) and will help maintain a soft and polished finish!




This product was sent for me to review. Hairtrade.com is one of the UK's leading online retailers of hair extensions, hair care and beauty products. You can order this product by clicking here

5 comments:

  1. I still havent tried this hair oil despite hearing so many good things about it. I'm addicted to the moroccan oil though! It's incredible

    Beauty Fiends Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 10ml bottle is still going strong! :) My hair looks like I've had a massive electric shock if I don't use oil! haha
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good way to try before you buy x

    1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to try this oil

    http://alily-louise.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the way this oil makes my hair feel. It is not so greasy or heavy. I mix the oil with the Macadamia Deep Repair Mask and makes styling very easy.Jamaican Black Castor Oil

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from people and will always try my best to reply. Recently I've been getting lots of 'follow me and I'll follow you back' comments, these aren't welcome, and no, I won't follow you if you continue to spam me!!